We are now taking applications for the Summer 2017 Staff. We are hiring the following:
Pool Manager Job Description:
· Handle Interviews of new employees
· Handle communication with all employees (i.e. returning letters, mandatory dates and times, etc.)
· Manage/lead staff
· Help maintain the pool website.
· Check and answer emails daily.
· Handle and answer phone calls.
· Scheduling of employees
· Handle opening procedures (making and/or printing):
· Order all equipment needed for beginning of the year (lifeguard tubes, masks, etc.)
· Order, pick up, and keep in stock all supplies from Johnnies (paper towels, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc.)
· Buy new supplies every year (i.e. sand toys, balls, soap, etc.)
· Keeping up with documents, records, and state regulations:
Keep up with all my certifications:
· Attend board meetings throughout the year to understand the board’s wants and relay that to the staff. Keep a clear and open line of communication between the board and myself to make sure we are best serving the members.
· Handling member’s concerns and problems on a daily basis.
· Relating to members in a polite and respectful manner.
· Keeping the pool and property a clean and safe environment.
· Help maintain and clean the pool.
· Handling office procedures
· Make sure equipment and other pool devices are not expired (AED, backboard, etc.)
· Handle and organize monthly in-service trainings to maintain the best possible lifeguards and keep their skills fresh.
· Making and printing signs for the pool.
· Keeping track of cost analysis of all our programs at the end of the season to reflect and to see which ones were profitable and should continue. Also, thinking of new ways to improve and enhance the programs we already offer.
· Handling staffing and employee concerns or problems.
· Ensure lifeguards are diligent and assertive in their job to help prevent any injuries.
· Handling the firing of employees if needed and board approved (twice so far).
· Organizing and planning the closing of the pool (Closing Day).
· Bringing to the board who we would like to see rehired for the following year and who we would not like to ask back. Also, sending the letters out to the employees.
· Knowledge of pool chemicals and operations (i.e. membership selling, buying, rules, and regulations).
· Work closely with the board secretary and treasurer to be aware of the deed transfers, selling and buying of new memberships, cash control ledgers, guest pass books, etc.
· Work closely with the board president.
· Needs to be organized and responsible.
Interested Applicants should email a resume with two professional references and one personal reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1, 2017
We will start interviewing in January 2017.